Jon Feldman

October 10, 1999

Post #951 – 19991010

Dear Mr. Pinkwater,

How do I go about getting permission to adapt Lizard Music to a screenplay?

Do I need to contact your agent/manager, or do you handle such inquiries?


Jon Feldman

Daniel replies:

It all depends. Are you an experienced professional film maker? If you are, you can't have permission. If you are a student, and want to do a project for use in school only, and won't charge money to see it, or do much of anything with it outside of a school application... you might get permission. If you are a stalking horse for a major studio, and probably not even named Jon Feldman, you may purchase an option for lots of money.